Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Is blogging not completely outdated?

Today (4th of July) I'm celebrating precisely six years of blogging on music cognition. While I was doubting whether this was a sensible idea at all in July 2006, and even more so last year, I'm currently really enjoying writing little snippits about research papers that I come across, forcing me to read these papers slightly better than I would do otherwise :-)

Thanks to all readers for their reactions and criticisms (today exactly 150!), and Psychology Today for supporting the publication of a selection of these blog entries for a more general audience.

I guess I should just keep going...

My home office :-)

ResearchBlogging.orgBatts, Shelley A., Anthis, Nicholas J., & Smith, Tara C. (2008). Advancing Science through Conversations: Bridging the Gap between Blogs and the Academy. PLoS Biology, 6 (9), 240-245 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pbio.0060240

3 comments:

  1. Congrats and thanks!
    I don't read many blogs, but I read this one! And it inspires me to keep working on my humble blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also for me your blog has been very valuable. It allowed me to discover new developments in music cognition that I would otherwise not have known about. Please continue!

    ReplyDelete